'our creation is that guru; the duration of our lives is that guru; our trials, illnesses and calamaties is that guru. There is a guru that is nearby and a guru that is beyond the beyond. I humbly make my offering to the guru, the beautiful remover of ignorance, the enlightenment principle that is within me and surrounds me at all times.'
Guru Stotram

Friday 25 July 2008

last chance to see....

Suffragette City
3 to 26 July 2008
curated by Tsering Frykman-Glen
www.thespareroomproject.org
221 Bow Road
London
E3 2SJ


This is a great show. It took me about a week to get there and God knows how much negative karma I clocked up parking in Macdonald's car park but I really enjoyed it.

The Spare Room Project puts on two to three exhibitions a year in temporary venues across Hackney. Suffragette City marks the 80th anniversary of all women winning the right to vote in this country with the passing of The Equal Franchise Act in 1928.

"Suffragette City bears witness to how far we've come in the past eighty years, striking an optimistic chord by presenting work solely by women artists, not as an act of defiance or protest, but to honour the spririt of independence and diversity among women."

No comments: